Sociocracy: organizing ourselves to get things done
Saturday, 06 October, 2012 | 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Dates: October 6th and 7th, 2012
Times: Saturday the 6th, 9am-5pm; Sunday the 7th, 9am-4pm
Location: Prescott College Crossroads Center, Prescott AZ
Facilitator: John Schinnerer of The Sociocracy Consulting Group
Cost: $375, includes all instruction, materials, and lunch and beverage service both days.
- Students with proof of enrollment - $250 (if paid by Sept 3rd)
- Early registration by September 3rd - $275
- Last chance early registration: September 4th-17th - $325
Evening Introductory session Friday October 5th - more info below
Do you want to get things done and have more fun?
Experience Sociocracy - a whole systems design for self-governance based on equivalence, transparency and effectiveness.
Explore relevant real-world examples of governance by design applicable to all types of organizations.
Learn how to:
- Have more enjoyable, efficient and productive meetings
- Make better decisions
- Incorporate individual perspectives and contributions into group decisions
- Optimize group skill, intelligence and wisdom
- Recognize and integrate multiple roles of group members
This two-day workshop will be highly experiential, drawing on participants' own organizational needs and experiences. We will engage directly with issues of governance structure, process, issues, and solutions and learn by doing - applying sociocracy in small and large group exercises.
Participants will receive a thorough introduction to the values, principles and practical skills of excellent governance. Members of any kind of organization - community-based/grassroots, non-profit, for-profit, educational, governmental, and more - will learn to design and facilitate for high engagement, clear decisions, and commitment to action.
Good governance is no accident - we create it by design, including greater creativity, faster adaptation, higher commitment, fewer and better meetings, and improved focus on organization vision, mission and aims.
An evening introductory session on Sociocracy and governance by design will be held Friday, October 5, from 6-8:30 pm. Come learn the basics - values, principles, and fundamental practices of this powerful approach to community building, collaboration, and decision-making. Cost is $20 for pre-registration by September 17th and $25 after September 17th. Introductory session attendees who want to learn more can register for the full weekend workshop at the last chance early registration rate of $325.
Register online at http://www.fourcornersinstitute.com/sociocracy.html, or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for other registration and payment options.
Saturday, 06 October, 2012
09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
varies, see website
- Saturday, 25 April, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!
- Monday, 25 May, 201512:00 PMMemorial Day
- Monday, 15 June, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!