Julie Comnick EXHIBITION 'Arrangement for a Silent Orchestra' Sept.28th - Oct.27th
Friday, 05 October, 2012 | 11:00 AM - 03:00 PM
September 28 - October 27, 2012
Arrangement for a Silent Orchestra is a painting and video project which explores the gradual dissolution of culture in contemporary society through the symbolic ruin of a personal and cultural icon, the violin. Using the violin as a metaphor, the artist intends to raise questions about the relationship between increasing technology and diminishing cultural heritage.
Julie Comnick received her MFA in Painting from Montana State University in 2001 and her BA from The Evergreen State College in 1995. Her paintings and drawings have been exhibited in solo exhibitions nationally including Space Gallery, Denver, CO; The Gallery at Flashpoint, Washington, DC; Zg Gallery, Chicago IL; and Creative Arts Workshop, New Haven, CT. Her work has been featured in publications including the Washington Post, New American Paintings, Dialogue Magazine, and the Chicago Sun Times. She received an Artist Projects Grant from the Arizona Commission on the Arts in 2007.
Julie lives in Prescott, Arizona, where she is a member of the Arts and Letters faculty at Prescott College and teaches Studio Arts courses in painting, drawing, public art and critical theory. She has also worked as an exhibits preparator and art conservator in Chicago, IL, and co-founded a cooperative gallery in Seattle, WA. She has traveled extensively in Spain, Mexico and Portugal. Outside the studio, Julie enjoys exploring the wilderness with her husband and three-year-old son. www.juliecomnick.com
October 5: Opening Reception, 6 - 8 PM
October 11: Â Artist Talk and Violin Performance, 7 PM doors open at 6 PM.
Friday, 05 October, 2012
11:00 AM - 03:00 PM
- Wednesday, 19 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Thursday, 20 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Friday, 11 December, 201504:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Sunday, 13 December, 201510:00 AMLimited Residency Programs Graduation
- Friday, 06 May, 201604:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Monday, 20 July, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!