Speaker/Activist Training Workshop with GMO expert Jeffrey Smith
Saturday, 23 February, 2013 | 09:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Learn how to give short one-on-one and group presentations about genetically modified organisms (GMOs), and how to most effectively convey the importance of GMO labeling with the leading consumer advocate promoting healthier non-gmo food choices.
Jeffrey Smith authored Seeds of Deception: Exposing Industry and Government Lies about the Safety of the Genetically Engineered Food You’re Eating and Genetic Roulette: The Documented Health Risks of Genetically Engineered Food which was recently made into a life-changing documentary. Genetic Roulette: The Gamble of our Lives reveals NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN EVIDENCE pointing to genetically engineered foods as a major contributor to rising disease rates in the US population, especially among children.
You will learn:
▪ Five components of a GMO presentation, and key concepts to convey each;
▪ Key arguments in favor of labeling GMOs;
▪ Fact-based counter arguments that effectively respond to disinformation campaigns
▪ Highly motivating facts and stories that enlist support for GMOs and motivate non-GMO eating.
Saturday, 23 February, 2013
09:30 AM - 12:00 PM
$20 prepaid/$25.00 @ door
- Friday, 13 February, 201512:00 PMLive Nude(Plant)s: Open Drawing Time
- Friday, 27 February, 201512:00 PMLive Nude(Plant)s: Open Drawing Time
- 07:00 PMHeadwaters Biodiversity: Life in Southwestern Springs
- Sunday, 17 May, 2015TBAPhD- Commencement Ceremony!
- Monday, 09 March, 2015All Day EventSpring Break
- Saturday, 21 February, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students - All Programs!