Fiction Writing Workshop, Discussion & Signing
Saturday, 09 February, 2013 | 02:00 PM - 04:00 PM
FROM LIFE COMES ART...!
When J.I. Wells learned that the small inheritance her late mother left her had disappeared due to an unscrupulous uncle, her only hope of attending grad school was dashed. Virtually cast adrift in New York and then Hollywood - so began the tumultuous part of her twenties that would one day become the centerpiece for a book.
Each of us has a unique story that we might want to share with others. But sometimes, it may be better if that story is fictionalized. Besides the obvious factor of not wanting to unnecessarily antagonize anyone on whom a particular story is based, fictionalizing one's own story helps to create a book rich in detail as the author can more easily embellish and transform things so that the final result is often a vivid roman a clef - or, true life novel - that truly resonates with readers.
Local author J.I. Wells offers a workshop wherein you can, if you wish, bring in the opening paragraphs of what you envision as your memoir - and perhaps have a go at turning it into fiction. She will sign books after the workshop and discussion.
Saturday, 09 February, 2013
02:00 PM - 04:00 PM
- Friday, 13 February, 201512:00 PMLive Nude(Plant)s: Open Drawing Time
- Friday, 27 February, 201512:00 PMLive Nude(Plant)s: Open Drawing Time
- 07:00 PMHeadwaters Biodiversity: Life in Southwestern Springs
- Sunday, 17 May, 2015TBAPhD- Commencement Ceremony!
- Monday, 09 March, 2015All Day EventSpring Break
- Saturday, 21 February, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students - All Programs!