Juried Student Exhibition - Submission Deadline Feb 15th
Friday, 15 February, 2013 | 11:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Sumissions DUE FEB 15th (see below) for consideration
Juried Student Show 2013
Prescott College Art Gallery at Sam Hill Warehouse
The purpose of a juried student exhibition is to provide students with opportunities to present their art in a professional manner. All exhibitors receive recognition for their accomplishments.
February 15 Submission of all work 11:00 am to 3:00 pm at the gallery
February 19 Pick up work not accepted into the show 11:00 to 3:00
February 22 Opening Reception 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Feb 22 – March 15 Show open (see gallery hours)
March 18 Pick up work 9:00 am - noon
All work must be checked in and out of the gallery during times listed on the calendar above. Please do not bring in any work at other than specified times. If you are unable to pick up your work at the specified time, please arrange to have someone pick up your work and sign it out for you.
Juror: Aili Schmeltz
Awards: Best of Show ($150), 1st Place ($75), 2nd Place ($50)
Open to all Prescott College students, artwork must be completed within the context of a visual arts course occurring in the winter block and semester 2012, Summer 2012, Fall 2012 and the winter block 2013.
Work in any media is eligible. Artwork should not exceed 72 inches. Works to be hung on the wall must weigh no more then 60 pounds. Each artist may submit up to five entries. Three entries per category are allowed. For example you could enter two works in ceramics, one in painting, and two in mixed media.
- Two-dimensional art (painting, drawings, photography etc) should be ready to hang. Works on paper must have glass or plexiglass over them. All works should be framed if possible, but clips are acceptable. Proper hanging hardware should be used, wires rather than flat plastic hangers. Shrink-wrap is not acceptable.
- Works on canvas should be framed or have the canvas wrapped with no staples showing. Works with wet paint or ink will not be accepted.
- Three-dimensional work should be ready to be displayed in a professional manner.
- All work must be the original creation of the artist. Prescott College assumes no responsibility for subject matter or originality of works displayed. Work will be removed from exhibit if evidence of copyright violation is suspected.
Sales of Work
Prescott College Art Gallery receives a 15% commission on the sale of student artwork. Please price accordingly.
Friday, 15 February, 2013
11:00 AM - 03:00 PM
No featured events currently available.
- Monday, 15 June, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!
- Monday, 20 July, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!
- Saturday, 14 November, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!