Artist Exhibition: Jim Waid (Tuscon, AZ)
Friday, 21 June, 2013 | 06:00 PM - 08:00 PM
Jim Waid has lived and worked in Tucson for over 30 years. His work has been exhibited in galleries and museums around the country, and is in the collection of museums such as the The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Tucson Museum of Art, The University of Arizona Museum of Art, The Phoenix Art Museum, Smith College Museum of Art, and San Antonio Museum of Art. He received a BFA from the University of New Mexico and a MFA from the University of Arizona. From 1971-1980 he taught art at Pima Community College. In 1985 he received a National Endowment for the Visual Arts Fellowship. He has been a 'Visiting Artist' at the University of Idaho, Arizona State University, The University of Texas at San San Antonio, and the University of Oklahoma. He has created two public art works in Tucson, a 5' x 59' mural at the Columbus Branch Library, and a 9' x 50' mural at the Evo DeConcini Federal Courthouse. He is represented by the Riva Yares Galleries in Scottsdale, the Jean Albano Gallery in Chicago, and the William Havu Gallery in Denver.
Artist Exhibition: June 21-August 3rd
Reception for the Artist: June 21, 6-8 PM
- Friday, 13 February, 201512:00 PMLive Nude(Plant)s: Open Drawing Time
- Friday, 27 February, 201512:00 PMLive Nude(Plant)s: Open Drawing Time
- 07:00 PMHeadwaters Biodiversity: Life in Southwestern Springs
- Sunday, 17 May, 2015TBAPhD- Commencement Ceremony!
- Monday, 09 March, 2015All Day EventSpring Break
- Saturday, 21 February, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students - All Programs!