Certificate in Experiential Education Begins
Thursday, 09 May, 2013 | All Day Event
Experiential Learning and Experiential Education have become buzzwords across university campuses, in K-12 classrooms, in companies and boardrooms, in books, and at the kitchen table. The Certificate of Experiential Education is a unique opportunity to experientially engage in the key theories and praxes relevant to this multi-faceted discipline.
This certificate is designed for new experiential practitioners wishing to integrate experiential pedagogy into their adventure or classroom practices and for “seasoned” practitioners to hone and advance their work. Certificate participants learn the skills, knowledge, and dispositions central to experiential education and are provided with “in class” and “out of class” opportunities to design lesson plans, prepare presentations, and engage in activities that have direct, transferrable relevance. Certificate delivery includes direct teaching; collaboration; co-negotiation; facilitating; mentoring; self-, peer-, and instructor development-oriented assessment; leadership opportunities; and coaching. The certificate adopts a semi-structured approach with a focus on “walking the talk” of experiential education theory and praxis in the course format itself. In other words, some of the content and methodology is pre-established and some of it is added, adjusted, and will emerge throughout the courses based on participants’ needs.
See the Lifelong Learning Center for details.
Thursday, 09 May, 2013
All Day Event
- Wednesday, 19 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Thursday, 20 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Friday, 11 December, 201504:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Sunday, 13 December, 201510:00 AMLimited Residency Programs Graduation
- Friday, 06 May, 201604:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Monday, 20 July, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!