Phippen Museum Presents Performance of Old West Fiddle Tunes
Saturday, 20 April, 2013 | 02:00 PM - 03:00 PM
Award winning concert violinist and western fiddler Marie Rhines will perform some of the great songs of early America and discuss the migration of folk music from Europe to American and from the East Coast to the Old West at the Phippen Museum on April 20, 2013 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm
A concert fiddler, symphonic composer, and singer/songwriter, Marie Rhines is known for her ability to transmit the sounds of rural life to the voice of the classical violin. Originally inspired by the traditional melodies of Scotland, Ireland, Appalachia and the America West her work has a tradition of its own. A versatile and accomplished performer who has performed at Lincoln Center as well as symphonies around the nation, Rhines’ spirited performances have met critical acclaim.
Phippen Museum admission is $7.00 for adults, $5.00 for Students with ID and free for Museum Members and children twelve and under. The museum is located just a few minutes north of downtown Prescott at 4701 Highway 89 North. For additional information visit their website at www.phippenartmuseum.org.
Saturday, 20 April, 2013
02:00 PM - 03:00 PM
$7- adults, 5$ student w/ ID, free- museum members
4701 Highway 89 North
- Friday, 03 October, 201406:00 PMWorking With Our Hands: Artists' Opening Reception
- Thursday, 09 October, 201405:00 PMWorking With Our Hands: Curator's Talk
- 07:00 PMScreening of the Documentary Film 'DAMNATION'
- Friday, 10 October, 201409:00 AMIn Service Training: Frontline on the Homefront - Working with service members, veterans and their families
- Friday, 10 October, 201410:00 AM2014 Alumni Reunion
- Saturday, 11 October, 201410:00 AM2014 Alumni Reunion