Dissertation Proposal: Engaging Productive Dialogue on Climate Change: Public Deliberation as a Tool?
Monday, 13 May, 2013 | 02:00 PM - 02:30 PM
Collective efforts to address climate change in the US frequently break down due to differences in values and worldviews making meaningful dialogue and negotiation exceedingly difficult. Public deliberation offers an opportunity to engage students, general citizens, and decision-makers in facilitated conversation about ways to move forward on climate change. This research proposes two cases in Montana to identify: 1) what capacities do participants and moderators need to possess in order to effectively deliberate on the issue of climate change mitigation; and 2) how can ideas generated through deliberation influence and link to large-scale institutional decision-making?
This talk is part of the May 2013 Graduated Residency Colloqium and Symposium.
Monday, 13 May, 2013
02:00 PM - 02:30 PM
Event Contact Info
Website: Click to Visit
- Wednesday, 19 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Thursday, 20 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Friday, 11 December, 201504:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Sunday, 13 December, 201510:00 AMLimited Residency Programs Graduation
- Friday, 06 May, 201604:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Monday, 20 July, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!