Bakal Lounge and Library Dedication
Thursday, 02 May, 2013 | 11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
You are cordially invited to attend the dedication of the Max and Bessie Bakal Memorial Lounge and Library Thursday, May 2, at the Wren building on Butte Creek behind the Crossroads Center. Tours of the space will start at 11:15 a.m. and the formal dedication will take place outside at 11:30 a.m. The lounge and “free” library have been established and will be maintained through the generosity of long-time Prescott College friend and donor Richard Bakal, in memory of his parents. The space and collection of books is meant for use by all College students, faculty, and staff.
Who is Dick Bakal?
Richard “Dick” Bakal is a personal friend of Dan and Barbara Garvey; he came to know them and our community of like-minded individuals through a lifelong dedication to experiential learning. After the Garveys’ arrival in the early 2000s, Dick’s connection to the College quickly grew into one of a donor and steadfast supporter. He was the first and one of the larger donors for the Crossroads Center construction, and has been a key supporter of the Kenya Project since its inception. Executive Director of the Bakal Family Estate and the family’s Wine Trust, Dick is a prolific philanthropist who has ensured the ongoing maintenance of the Library and Lounge through an endowment and a supervisory agreement with directors of the Compleat Activist Project at the Institute for Sustainable Social Change.
Thursday, 02 May, 2013
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Free/Open to the Public
- Friday, 03 October, 201406:00 PMWorking With Our Hands: Artists' Opening Reception
- Thursday, 09 October, 201405:00 PMWorking With Our Hands: Curator's Talk
- 07:00 PMScreening of the Documentary Film 'DAMNATION'
- Friday, 10 October, 201409:00 AMIn Service Training: Frontline on the Homefront - Working with service members, veterans and their families
- Friday, 29 August, 2014All Day EventLRU- Summer Term 2014 Ends
- Friday, 10 October, 201410:00 AM2014 Alumni Reunion