Master of Arts Counseling Psychology Program Keynote Workshop
Saturday, 17 August, 2013 | 09:00 AM - 10:50 AM
Keynote Speaker: ED Ableser, LPC
Ed Ableser is finishing his Ph.D. in Justice and Social Inquiry from Arizona State University. He received his Masters in Counseling Psychology in Education from Arizona State University. Ed has worked as a Licensed Professional Counselor for almost ten years in the school, home, and clinical settings. His agency, Ableser Family Counseling, serves families all over the metropolitan Phoenix area. Ed has also served as the State Representative from 2006 – 2012 and is currently serving as the State Senator representing Tempe, Mesa, and the Salt River, Pima, Maricopa Indian Community. Johnson, J., Prior, S.F., Abbott, K.R., & E.Z. Ableser. (eds.) 2011. Theories on Justice. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing.
Keynote workshop: Citizen Advocacy 101: Becoming a political force through key relationships, skilful lobbying, and creativity.
This workshop will focus on tangible ways to engage in community advocacy. We will explore the specifics of how to lobby on an issue, who to lobby, and the most effective ways we can reach a politician. We will discuss various ways to propose legislation at the local, state and federal level, as well as drafting actual legislative ideas that could be introduced at the Arizona Legislature. We will talk about ways to get involved in electoral politics and influence policy using the ballot box.
Community Colloquium schedule is available at: www.prescott.edu
Saturday, 17 August, 2013
09:00 AM - 10:50 AM
Free and open to the public
- Wednesday, 19 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Thursday, 20 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Friday, 11 December, 201504:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Sunday, 13 December, 201510:00 AMLimited Residency Programs Graduation
- Friday, 06 May, 201604:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Monday, 20 July, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!