Celebrating Life: Conserving Imperiled Ecosystems
Monday, 09 December, 2013 | 08:00 AM - 10:15 AM
--A Public Symposium--
Learn about biodiversity hot spots in the U.S., threats these areas face, and solutions being explored.
Monday's schedule of presenters is:
8:10 KARA KUKOVICH. The Verde River: Arizona’s riparian gem
8:25 JEFFREY BRANHAM. The Pinelands National Reserve: a diamond in the rough
8:40 CAILYN BRIERLEY. A call to action: conserving and restoring Long Island Sound
8:55 ALICIA EVANS. The Chesapeake Bay: feedback loops and dying treasures
9:20 AVERY YOUNG. Everglades: History of people, modification, and restoration
9:35 JEFFREY FRISCH. The Adirondack State Park: large scale land management, and a glimpse of how humans and nature can coexist
9:50 EWA HERNANDEZ. Saving the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge
Hosted by the Prescott College Conservation Biology Class.
The symposium takes place from 8-10:15 am, Monday and Wednesday (Dec. 9 and 11) in the Natural History Institute Gallery.
This event is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
Grab a cup of coffee beforehand at the College's Crossroads Cafe.
Monday, 09 December, 2013
08:00 AM - 10:15 AM
- Friday, 13 February, 201512:00 PMLive Nude(Plant)s: Open Drawing Time
- Friday, 27 February, 201512:00 PMLive Nude(Plant)s: Open Drawing Time
- 07:00 PMHeadwaters Biodiversity: Life in Southwestern Springs
- Sunday, 17 May, 2015TBAPhD- Commencement Ceremony!
- Monday, 09 March, 2015All Day EventSpring Break
- Saturday, 21 February, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students - All Programs!