Grand Canyon Semester, Prescott College, Biennial Symposium
Thursday, 12 December, 2013 | 09:00 AM - 03:30 PM
You are invited to attend the Second Biennial Symposium of the Grand Canyon Semester, Prescott College in the Crossroads Center on Thursday December 12th from 9:00am-3:30pm (lunch break from 11:30-1:00pm). It’s okay to show up for the topics that interest you most; feel free to slip in and out as your time permits, even coming to a single 20-minute presentation is fine. We’ll be in the alley-side room, downstairs in the Crossroads Center (use the door on the SE corner), and we hope to see some of you pop in and out.
The GCS students will present the findings from their independent research projects in Grand Canyon National Park on topics of resource management, conservation, and education. For the past 11 weeks a small group of students and faculty, along with park resource staff have explored and studied the park inside and out. The context of their studies have included a complete circumnavigation of the Grand Canyon Ecoregion, a week of workshops by GCNP park staff, a 16-day expedition down the Colorado River through the heart of the park, and a series of guest lectures from an eclectic group of topical experts. Presentation topics will include: exhibits for a children's natural history museum, artistic mapping of the Colorado River through Grand Canyon, Wild and Scenic River designation, and interpreting landscapes through music. For a complete schedule of the presentations, contact Mathieu Brown or Joel Barnes.
Hope to see you there!
Mathieu Brown & Joel Barnes
Thursday, 12 December, 2013
09:00 AM - 03:30 PM
- Wednesday, 19 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Thursday, 20 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Friday, 11 December, 201504:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Sunday, 13 December, 201510:00 AMLimited Residency Programs Graduation
- Friday, 06 May, 201604:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Monday, 20 July, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!