Alison Hawthorne Deming: Animals and the Human Spirit
Thursday, 27 March, 2014 | Starts at 07:00 PM
Alison travels from Tucson to read from her forthcoming book of poetry, Zoologies: On Animals and the Human Spirit, as the third presenter in the Natural History Institute's Distinguished Speaker Series. She is chairperson of the Orion Board of Directors, the nonprofit that publishes the magazine of the same name, and director of the Creative Writing MFA program at the University of Arizona, where she also teaches.
Her previous publications include: Rope, Genius Loci, and The Colors of Nature: Culture, Identity, and the Natural World.
Read more about Alison's work and accomplishments at her web page: http://www.alisonhawthornedeming.com.
The Natural History Institute is located at 312 Grove Ave., Prescott, AZ, off the northwest corner of Grove and Sheldon, on the creek-facing side of the building.
This event is free and open to the public.
Thursday, 27 March, 2014
Starts at 07:00 PM
- Friday, 13 February, 201512:00 PMLive Nude(Plant)s: Open Drawing Time
- Friday, 27 February, 201512:00 PMLive Nude(Plant)s: Open Drawing Time
- 07:00 PMHeadwaters Biodiversity: Life in Southwestern Springs
- Sunday, 17 May, 2015TBAPhD- Commencement Ceremony!
- Monday, 09 March, 2015All Day EventSpring Break
- Saturday, 21 February, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!