Keynote Workshop: D. Maurie Lung
Saturday, 18 January, 2014 | 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Maurie Lung Keynote Workshop: Intersectionality in Practice.
Warren (2002) challenged professionals to clarify our intentions, increase our self-awareness, strengthen our interventions, and deepen our information in order to better address social justice issues in our setting. This workshop will provide opportunities for practitioners to explore all four of these areas through the paradigm of intersectionality. Come prepared to play, explore, and experience activities that enhance our ability to address social justice through connecting with nature and adventure.
D. Maurie Lung has loved the out-of-doors and adventure since childhood exploring nearby woods and her many summers at camp. All of this led her to study outdoor recreation and environmental education and an early career in camping. She saw that not only were youth and adults learning about the world around them, they were also learning about the world within them and between others. Currently, she is a licensed Mental Health Counselor and Marriage Family Therapist with over 20 years of experience with adventure-based and experiential programming. She started her own organization, Life Adventures Counseling and Consulting, LLC in St. Petersburg, FL, where she integrates her knowledge of recreation, experiential education, and psychology to provide unique outpatient therapeutic services as well as consulting services. Maurie continues to witness the power of playful learning and healing experiences for people to achieve their goals.
Saturday, 18 January, 2014
09:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Friday, 03 October, 201406:00 PMWorking With Our Hands: Artists' Opening Reception
- Thursday, 09 October, 201405:00 PMWorking With Our Hands: Curator's Talk
- 07:00 PMScreening of the Documentary Film 'DAMNATION'
- Friday, 10 October, 201409:00 AMIn Service Training: Frontline on the Homefront - Working with service members, veterans and their families
- Friday, 29 August, 2014All Day EventLRU- Summer Term 2014 Ends
- Friday, 10 October, 201410:00 AM2014 Alumni Reunion