Gary Nabhan: Make Way for Monarchs
Wednesday, 05 March, 2014 | 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM
For the last several years, people have started to notice a drastic decline in Monarch butterfly populations. Awarding-winning author and conservation biologist, Gary Paul Nabhan, will discuss the reasons for this decline, including the simultaneous reduction in milkweed populations—the host plants on which Monarchs depend.
Gary’s talk will transition into a group discussion to develop community-based solutions for restoring and conserving Monarch habitat.
This talk is part of a national initiative called, “Make Way for Monarchs.” Find out more at: http://garynabhan.com/i/archives/2354
This event is free and open to the public.
At 5:30pm, Gary will give a reading from his most recent book, 'Growing Food in a Hotter, Drier Land - Lessons from Desert Farmers on Adapting to Climate Uncertainty,” at the Peregrine Book Company, 219A N. Cortez in Prescott.
Wednesday, 05 March, 2014
02:00 PM - 03:30 PM
- Friday, 03 October, 201406:00 PMWorking With Our Hands: Artists' Opening Reception
- Thursday, 09 October, 201405:00 PMWorking With Our Hands: Curator's Talk
- 07:00 PMScreening of the Documentary Film 'DAMNATION'
- Friday, 10 October, 201409:00 AMIn Service Training: Frontline on the Homefront - Working with service members, veterans and their families
- Friday, 10 October, 201410:00 AM2014 Alumni Reunion
- Saturday, 11 October, 201410:00 AM2014 Alumni Reunion