Working With Our Hands: Curator's Talk
Thursday, 09 October, 2014 | 05:00 PM - 06:00 PM
Working With Our Hands: Art, Economy and the Sonoran Desert Environment
Trabajando Con Las Manos:Arte, Economía y Ambiente del Desierto Sonora
Ziix hanol cöactim: Ziix hoanloj xah ziix iccoihipt xah, han itit yaai xah
Show runs October 3-24
Lani Hanna, graduate student of Humanities and Social Thought at New York University, will present on the process of co-curating this tri-national art exhibit.
The exhibit features the Pfister Collection of contemporary art, collaboratively curated with artists and community members from the Comcaac Nation, Sonora Mexico. Pieces on display represent the works of 32 sculpture, basket and jewelry artists.
Hosted by the Natural History Institute in their gallery at 312 Grove Ave. on the Prescott College Campus, off the NW corner of Grove and Sheldon, on the creek-facing side of the building. In addition to the curator's talk, the exhibit can be viewed from Oct. 3-24, during the gallery's open hours, 1-5pm, Thursdays and Fridays.
An art sale will take place Saturday, October 4, from 10-4pm, at Prescott College's Crossroads Center.
***The recent Hurricane Odile, that passed through Baja California and Sonora, seriously effected the Comcaac Community of El Desemboque. Monetary and food donations will be accepted at all three events. However, immediate relief of food and water is needed. If you are able to help, please contact Lani at firstname.lastname@example.org.***
A second exhibition will follow on November 1 in Punta Chueca, Sonora Mexico.
In partnership with the Kino Bay Center for Cultural and Ecological Studies.
Thursday, 09 October, 2014
05:00 PM - 06:00 PM
- Wednesday, 19 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Thursday, 20 August, 2015All Day EventLimited Residency Undergraduate Program Fall 2015 Orientation
- Friday, 11 December, 201504:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Sunday, 13 December, 201510:00 AMLimited Residency Programs Graduation
- Friday, 06 May, 201604:00 PMResident Undergraduate Programs Baccalaureate
- Monday, 20 July, 201508:30 AMPreview Day for prospective students – All Programs!